Thursday, February 28, 2013

Emotional Ride


Emotional Ride
January of 2013

When I was on my way to East Orient...


It was a cold heart-pumping Monday afternoon:

the tree stood proudly, 
leaves dark green,
some yellow-- and blown!
--dancing in the chill breeze of winter.
The air fresh yet moldy-smelling
loomed with the thought of Spring. 
When suddenly...
the cold winds changed.
What a creepy freak!
I'm wondering what he's thinking.
I'm right here behind him
with my windshield wipers
switching in the rain.
Those two red lights and
another light on the top
underneath it says,
"Come be my hand 
and I will take you to the sea of fire."
What fire?!
I was focused on him
--in his mirror.
He waved his black-covered hand.
He stared right at me.
The earth moved,
my hands shook,
sweating,
neck stiff like a board,
but to my surprise...
the door slammed! 
He turned out to be my... what?!
What a lovely day!
Oh... yes! Yes, it was.

Copyright © 2013 by Nhejzheen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salamat sa pagbasa, higala. Ingna kuno 'ko kung unsa ang imo'ng ika-estorya. Ug suginli unya pod 'ko kung unsa ang imo'ng gusto'ng ipadayag o i-sugyot nganhi. Bililhon kaayo kanako ang imo'ng ikasulti. Palihug ayaw unya kalimot sa pag-JOIN ug/o SUBSCRIBE sa akong blog. Salamat kanimo, kababayan!

Mahinungdanon: Kung anaa man ugaling ako'y nahimo'ng sayop, typographically, o unsa ba dinha, i-awhag unya palihug ang ako'ng pagtagad. Dako kaayo'ng ikatabang ang imoha'ng pagsugilon, ug dugang pod usab kini nga mapausbaw ang ako'ng katakus sa pagsulat. Daghan kaayo'ng salamat!